Yesterday, I told you that the best gyms in the world are seeing a “Surge” of new, higher-value clients when they reopen. But it’s not happening in every gym.
There are five reasons some gyms aren’t seeing the Surge effect yet: “5 Things That Will Kill Post-COVID Recovery (and How to Avoid Them).”
If you’ve just reopened, you haven’t reopened yet or you’ve reopened but aren’t seeing a Surge of new clients, ask yourself these questions:
- Is my government’s mandate clear? Do people know we can open?
- Are my best clients concerned about safety in my gym?
- Do I seem excited to be open and coaching people again?
- Have I shown people that we’re clean and safe?
- Do I have something different to offer after learning COVID’s tough lessons?
Audit the media you’ve published in the last seven days.
Do you clearly tell people “we’re open”?
Do you show how you’re cleaning, keeping things safe and taking care of people?
Are you sharing videos about how excited you are to coach?
Are your clients talking about how excited they are to be back?
Are you telling people what’s new?