The value of mentorship snowballs over time.
The changes you make with your mentor will echo for decades—throughout the life of your business and your career.
Imagine making an extra $10,000 per month for the rest of your career. That’s what our top gym owner is doing right now by generating return on investment (ROI) in mentorship. Here’s the list:
Now, you’ve probably heard stuff like this before:
“I got $12k new MRR this month!”
That’s “monthly recurring revenue,” and you know it won’t last. One marketing tactic, though powerful in the moment, usually runs its course in three to four months.
Or maybe you’ve heard this one:
“I had 40 people commit to a year-long contract this month!”
And you know that 70 percent of those people won’t actually pay out their full contracts. Trust me: It happens in gyms—and with the many “biz coaches” out there.
But knowledge compounds. Leadership compounds. Experience compounds.
Here’s what our top ROI earners said they do to maximize the return on their investment in mentorship:
- Rely on mentorship to provide accountability.
- Use mentors as filters to avoid overwhelm and lack of focus.
- Use specific Two-Brain resources at the time when they will have the greatest effect on an area of focus.
- Sign staff up for Two-Brain’s Team Training.
- Block off CEO time to ensure focused windows for implementing tactics from the Two-Brain Growth ToolKit.
- Hire staff to allow more time for high-value action.
- Use Career Growth ToolKit sessions to connect with staff and create buy-in by ensuring gym goals reflect staff goals.
- Solve the “icon problem” through staff development.
- Teach all staff members to sell and create redundancy so growth doesn’t slow if a staff member leaves.
Invest and Grow
Every time you fix a painful mistake, you ensure you won’t repeat it.
Every time you upgrade your team, you ratchet up your value.
Every additional month you keep a client is a month in which they’ll see more progress, refer more friends, and contribute more value to your community and your bottom line.
All these things multiply one another. That’s the value of mentorship.
In the next post in this series, I’m going to teach you how to get a better ROI on everything in your business—your team, your software, your space. And in Part 3, I’m going to tell you how to pick the best mentor for you (it might not be me).