PT Starter Kit: Getting Your Staff Behind Your Programs
If you want a program to work, you need to get the gym behind it. This includes your staff and obviously your members.
Staff is easy, mostly. Show the role/expectations to outline the gig. Show them the value to them ($$$). Show them how easy it is to run and make $$$ by doing the role yourself first and documenting the process.
Members might be more challenging. They don’t usually like change unless there is a huge benefit to them OR they see a ton of value in it OR they desire it too much not to have it.
Try the following:
- Have your coaches train each other and document the process
- Use these videos / blogs / Instagram posts as content and share
- Offer a trial session/class to your Mavens/Seed Clients (Pumpkin Planning)
- These are your top paying MOST enthusiastic clients, basically just shy of waving a sign for you on the street.
- Let them try the product with your prospective coach. Get feedback afterwards. Did they like it? What did they like about it? Would they sign up? Would they refer a friend?
- Work the referrals. If a Seed client was up to refer, take the referral and do the same thing. This is Affinity Marketing. Start with their closest relationships (i.e. family, friends, co-workers)
- Change your On Ramp to 1 on 1
- The BEST way to change the gym philosophy on training is to have EVERYONE start with it
- Be sure to offer Personal Training after On Ramp ends, NOT JUST CrossFit
- Launch Skill Sessions at your gym
- Skill sessions are 30 minute sessions used to work on 1 particular skill
- charge for these
- take video analysis and run through progressions with the client to get them to accomplish this particular skill in 30-60 days. Proof is in the Pudding
We can all agree that the fastest and safest way for a client to go from point A to point B in terms of their fitness goals is 1 on 1. But how are you selling that idea at your gym? Foster the philosophy and harvest the results.
If you need more help, we are here for you.